Map of Saaremaa and western Estonia, 1704

This map was compiled in 1704 by Philip Johan Jaquez at Kuressaare (Arensburg) on the island of Saaremaa (Ösel), and is based on an older map dating from 1650. It shows the islands off the west coast of Estonia and the coastal regions, including port towns (Pärnu, Haapsalu and Kuressaare), churches, manors, villages, pubs, mills, land routes, rivers, lighthouses, etc. In addition, it depicts naval routes and describes the sea bed with details on depth (in feet) and the location of hazards (shelves and rocks).

"Mapping Office of Livland Guberniya" (reference code: 308), inventory 2, no. 28, Estonian Historical Archives (Tartu).